3195 IN-5, Shipshewana, IN 46565, USA
1.1K views
1.8

On 3/14/17 our family (four kids 3 7 yrs old) bought our 1st large purchase outside of our home.It was also the 1st time that we purchased anything brand new.

I had told the kids for the past 3 years that we are going to buy a trailer for fun when we are able to financially. We shopped the (2) open range dealers within 90 miles of our S. CA home. After going to Rv Solutions and speaking with Richardsons Rv we opted for Richardsons.

Star our salesperson, was wonderful. She was the best part of this purchase by far. The salesman at RV Solutions was rude after we decided to take our business to Richardsons. After we bought our trailer we took it out the following weekend for a two day trip.

There were a number of items that we found that needed warranty work. (hot water only at sink, cold water only at shower, drawer glide broken, dvd player broken, door gasket torn, microwave piece missing, etc). Even with that though we were excited to be trailer owners and our kids had a blast. When we returned home we called the dealer.

We were told by both that appts were months out. We called Open Range and they reluctantly okd us to use a non-dealer for repairs. The non-dealer, County RV, has been great. They have been very helpful and we have been a part of the emails between them and Open Range.

Open Range on the other hand has been a nightmare of excuses, apologies, and non-responses. Long story short. Highland Ridge still has not gotten the parts to the repair facility. We are entering our 4th month of not having our RV that we had literally for one week after we bought it new.

I see emails from Open Range saying that they are a week out on getting parts out from date of approval. They forgot to mail the last ones and promised next day air, last week and we still dont have them. There is a recall on 20 LED lights in the trailer that are a fire risk they said. They wont send the new lights to the non-dealer and state that we need to set an apt and take the trailer to the dealer after we get it back.

At this rate summer will be over before we get to use our new trailer.

Overall I wish I had bought a quality pre owned and avoided this horrible experience.The trailer seemed very nice but this experience has surely soured my feelings about Highland Ridge the company.

Review about: Highland Ridge Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Salesperson.

Had an Experience with Open Range Rv?

Comments