1.4K views
1.5
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

2017 Open Range 3X 388 RKS with patio.I will never buy an Open Range again!!!

After buying and really taking a closer look, the quality of Open Range is far less than what you would expect. I bought this rv with the expectation of it's sale pitch of being the best and most insulated of any of it's competitors. Problems listed so far. 1) All the widows are suppose to be double pane.

The largest window in my rv happens to be my patio door. The first time it rained, and the A/C unit was on, condensation immediately built up on the glass indicating that it was only single pane. I can only imagine how it will hold up in colder climates. So with my concern, and intent of using this in colder climates, I called customer support.

They were completely rude about it, saying "well you looked at it before you bought it". Nice...lol. Anyways. 2) My slide outs droop bad, one of them being close to 2" out of level.

3) I wanted to put a receiver hitch on, but the only one you can put on, is a bike receiver hitch, class II rated for 125lbs, and is only available through the company that builds the frames. Anything else, or anything welded or bolted will void your warranty. Customer service was very kind about this as well...lol. 4) There is trim/ woodwork that is falling off.

There is an inconsistency of color/ stain throughout all the cabinets, doors, and trim. 5) I have had a leakage coming out of my black tank spilling down though the insulation and on though the covered under belly. 6) Very first time packing up, I noticed my motor for one of my slide outs was very weak, I had to work it back and forth to get my slide out to fully retract, it is still like that now. 7) I put in a washer/ dryer combo.

Upon hooking everything up to the factory provided hookups, I started a small load of laundry. Half way through the wash cycle, I had water draining everywhere, drenching the carpet and eventually running through the floor and out of the bottom of the underbelly. After pushing a fish tape down the drain pipe a short ways, I poked through what felt like plastic wrap at one of the joint connections. *** you to the *** who did that one!

You do get an "A" for creativity. 8) If you look in the basement where all the wiring, plumbing, and duct work is, you will see nothing is tied back, or hardly secured. It just looks amess, as if someone just slapped this thing together as fast and as cheaply as they could. Even if it is something I don't look at often, I want to know someone took the time, and effort to provide a quality product.

Something Highland has truly failed to do.

Anyways, enclosing, it really grindded my *** to think about paying almost an extra $3,000 for the extended warranty, but I'm probably going to need it with this big over priced pile of *** I now have on my hands.Just keeping things real, and hopefully someone doesn't make the same mistake I did.

Review about: 2017 Open Range Rv 3x 388rks Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

This is scary !We r looking at one for my husband to live in.

Trying to find one in our price range,but we may be better served to look at another brand.Thank you!