I have been an RV Owner for 30 years.The Open Range is by far the biggest piece if *** I have ever owned.
1.) Open Range choose to install the Norcold 1200 series side by side refer. It is now the subject of a 35 Million Dollar lawsuit that Norcold has settledout ofcourt in California. I am a class member and I have filed a claim. But why did they continue to use these Norcold trash refrigerators?
They have caused numerouis fires and 2 deaths. Norcold knew they had a problem and kept and internal covert file on these problems but would never acknowledge it. So they got their *** sued. They settled out of court but still deny any wrong doing.
2.) These Open Range RV's have a serious plumbing Problem. Their vent pipe from the holding tanks either get cracked on come lose in the wall. Then the sewer gas fills the attic space and then the AC units draw that sewer gas inside the RV. Then to compound matters, they do a very poor job of sealing out the attic area from the AC block-out area.
(see pics). 3.) Floors have weak / soft spots all over. These manufacturers like Norcold and Open Range that put out these *** products need to be sued out of business or at least till their eyes are crossed. DO NOT BUY AN OPEN RANGE !!!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT!!! We purchased a new FR Rockwood 5th wheel in July 2015 it is now April 2016 and our unit has been in the dealer warranty..."
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."